The tabbed pages (above) have the main content

Monday, July 21, 2014

Gina

People are often curious that I have several "named parts", and that I named my car, phone, laptop, music player... The things in my life that "do something". Some of the names for aspects of my psyche are past life memories, so that makes sense. But I also named some personality facets that I developed (made up). I can't work with a psyche that is like a messy office: I have to have things organized in to tendencies and situations. So, I created facets based on the Archetypes. My other web sites are where they write their thoughts. The facet that I mention the most and which puzzles people is Gina.

2013 Birthday Card to Myself
Gina is modeled on a 17 year old girl. She is impulsive, energetic, enjoys driving fast, complains about boring things, and likes to go shopping. Gina represents my Basic Self. This is a concept from Psychology which refers to the border of the unconscious and conscious minds. (Note the plural.) The Basic Self "owns" the body and the things that go with it (but not sexuality, which is a higher function.) So Gina likes comfort, exercise, colorful accessories (note my purple phone, steering wheel cover and keychain, and all the hot pink things in my apartment) and things that smell good or taste good. She has little patience for delay or things she does not understand. So, I rely on Zulaikha Mahmud (Sovereign with some Mystic) to explain things to her. The Higher Self is said to emerge through the Lower Self, so that is appropriate, and R'Tah (Klingon Warrior) works with her at a visceral level of understanding: persuasion like getting a horse to cooperate in doing something. All this works great for me. Sorry if you don't get it.

I figured it all out by myself, and it lines up with what I have read in descriptions of Transpersonal Psychology. Aren't you proud of me? Discover your Basic Self, because you surely have one. And if you do not bring it to awareness, as Robert Bly says: your inner child will run your life!

No comments: